After a few months of sharing and more than a thousand downloads it is time to take Technocity to the next level!
I am very please to introduce the Version 1.1 of the Technocity sequencer!
Lots of new functionalities have been implemented including Pattern memory, Program Change recall, Random generation of patterns, Dynamic Random variations with probability controls, a new note input system and new midi in option. Everything has been embedded in a whole new and shiny sub-menu (click on more for detailed description of the new functions)
And of course all the functionalities present in the previous version are still available
As a reminder the Technocity is a 8 stage sequencer inspired by the intellijel Metropolis and the RYK M-185. Each of the 8 stages is set to one note and can last up to 8 steps. Each stage has 4 play modes (repeat, one note, one note sustained or silent), each step can also be accented or played portamento (slide) from the previous stage. You also have control over the Clock with unconventional timing available (quituplet, seventuplets), swing, gate length, velocities etc…
It it worth noting that all parameters are compatible with the previous version so you will still be able to open your old projects if you switch to the new version.
A memory system with recall by program changes.
With each pattern an independent program change number can be saved. It will then be sent to the controlled instrument in order to recall the corresponding preset. This function has been made with live performance in mind, thus, making it easy to go from one pattern to the other just by triggering a clip in Ableton.
There will be also possibilities to import and export sets of patterns.
Random Pattern Generation:
As requested by one of our users, a random function has been implemented. You will be now just a press of a button away from a brand new pattern! And if you don’t like it you can just hit the reset button and come back to the factory settings.
But the randomization of patterns doesn’t stop here!
Sequencers by their nature can end up being quite repetitive so a new function has been implemented.
You can set a certain amount of randomness in the sequence! With that function now slides or accents can be randomly appear and disappear from the programmed pattern. The modes can randomly change. Furthermore you can also allow the sequencer to trigger random octave transpositions.
I also planned to implement a new note input function inspired by the SH-101 sequencer. Basically, you would just have to press a button then play keys on your keyboard to set the notes of each stage.
New Midi Options:
- A Thru mode will be available so notes are transmitted without affecting the sequencer.
- The transpose function is, of course, also still here.
- A new gate mode has been included, where midi notes will be used to make the sequence advance steps. This has been mainly implemented in order to apply the groove function from live to the sequencer but it also allows you to use the sequencer in a new creative manner.
This mode will function in two different ways:
- The sequencer will either be transposed accordingly with the incoming midi notes or
- The sequencer will advance only when a specific midi note is received. This function is quite useful if you want to synchronize the sequencer with the kick of a drum machine for example.
- Sometimes the sequencer wasn’t starting on the first step. This is now fixed.
- Transposition playing notes, now the transposition is applied a the next stage.
- Correction of the bug when one stage was set to one repetition and first step a slide would appear to the next step.
- Slides in down mode were not working properly, this is now fixed.
- Slides between the main device and the extension are now working as expected.
- The connection between the main device and the extension is now more robust.
- The links buttons to the website and donation pages are now moved in the parameter section avoiding accidental clicks.
- The import/export of individual pattern has been implemented.
- Mapping of Random and Reset buttons has been allowed.
- CPU load improvements have been made!
Video presentations and Demo tracks will come very shortly!
Please follow me on Facebook to receive notifications for all the updates
Also, feel free to contact me! I want my devices to be as good as possible so really don’t hesitate contacting me if you find any bug or if you have any suggestions for additionnal features!