I am very glad to announce that we’ve got more than 850 downloads after 3 weeks of sharing the AtoVproject Technocity sequencer!
Thank you very much to all of you! And a special big thanks to the ones who donated and all the people who subscribed to the website and the Facebook page.
I am very happy to announce that the next version of the Technocity Sequencer is on the way!
Lots of new functionalities will be implemented: a brand new memory system, three new midi modes, a new note input system and randomization functions are in development!
All of that is planned to be released the second week of July, so stay tuned!
Here is a short description of the new features.
A memory system with recall by program changes.
With each pattern an independent program change number can be saved. It will then be sent to the controlled instrument in order to recall the corresponding preset. This function has been made with live performance in mind, thus, making it easy to go from one pattern to the other just by triggering a clip in Ableton.
There will be also possibilities to import and export sets of patterns.
New Midi Options:
- A Thru mode will be available so notes are transmitted without affecting the sequencer.
- The transpose function is, of course, also still here.
- A new gate mode has been included, where midi notes will be used to make the sequence advance steps. This has been mainly implemented in order to apply the groove function from live to the sequencer but it also allows you to use the sequencer in a new creative manner.
This mode will function in two different ways:
- The sequencer will either be transposed accordingly with the incoming midi notes or
- The sequencer will advance only when a specific midi note is received. This function is quite useful if you want to synchronize the sequencer with the bass drum of a drum machine for example.
I also planned to implement a new note input function inspired by the SH-101 sequencer. Basically, you would just have to press a button then play keys on your keyboard to set the notes of each stage.
As requested by one of our users, a random function will be implemented. You will be now just a press of a button away from a brand new pattern!
Also, feel free to contact me! I want my devices to be as good as possible so really don’t hesitate contacting me if you find any bug or if you have any suggestions for additionnal features!